No business builds a website just to build a website. It’s expensive so it better provide a lot of value. That’s why I say an effective website requires only 10% web design but 90% marketing.
That’s because web design in itself is pretty useless. An amazing looking or functioning website isn’t enough. Those are the two big things web design focuses on too.
Form and function are only important as long as it helps a business meet its goals. That’s why I’m a big proponent of balancing the art and science of web design. The form (or art) of a website is about 10% of the purpose and the function (or science) of it is the other 90%.